Friday, February 5, 2010

Super Bowl!

No, not that Super Bowl!

The Marvel vs. DC Super Bowl! A Super Bowl that an utter football ignoramus like me can get behind.

Even though the author uses popular characters (and some lesser-known dudes, like the infuriating, punch-absorbing Sebastian Shaw, an inspired choice for any situation in which getting stronger by being brutally pummeled is a valuable asset) with whom I am embarrassingly familiar in order to hypothesize about the lineups and field strategies of two opposing teams, I still have no idea what the hell 99% of it means.

Nevertheless, I would wholeheartedly watch the sweet bejesus out of such a nerdly, fantastic Super Bowl. The central appeal Sunday's actual game holds for me is the opportunity to make and eat an obnoxious number of wings.

Sidenote: I'm loathe to admit it, but in the scenario outlined in the link, DC would win. Most of their characters are effectively gods, with ludicrously limitless power. Which makes them unrelatable. Which is why Marvel is and always has been better.

No comments:

Post a Comment