Saturday, February 6, 2010

Iron Chef tonight

The most recent episode of Iron Chef is on right now. Flay vs. Michael Smith, a Canadian, in Battle Avocado. Watching them dash around, slicing cool, creamy green avocados and red onions and tomatoes in glorious high definition is instilling a nearly overwhelming desire to go make giant bowl of guacamole, but I think I can hold out until tomorrow-- our Super Bowl Barely-Paying-Attention-To Party menu includes eight avocados' worth.

On tonight's new episode, Chef Duff from Ace of Fondant Cakes is taking on Iron Chef Michael Symon. I'll be watching. I'm kind of surprised at how curious I am as to how a cake chef will fare (food pun, there) in a non-cake challenge.

I mean, I'm assuming the challenge won't be cake. Jesus.

Tune in, 10pm Eastern!

Update: Post-show, I have to say I'm ashamed to have even momentarily considered the possibility that Duff Goldman can only decorate cakes. Homeboy can cook a dinner, no joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment